Friday, March 13, 2009

Neighborhood News - Chado Tea Room/ W. 3rd Street

photo - www.chadotea.com

Still recovering from the loss of Zipper on W. 3rd street; I recently asked the owner/manager of Chado Tea Room about their business, in light of the recession and the on-going exodus of businesses from the area, when she informed me that their lease is up in two years and she isn't sure what they will do. Her tone suggested that no matter what, they will leave their current address at 8422 1/2 W. 3rd. Having tea and sandwiches at Chado is one of my regular affordable pleasures that I would truly miss and if you feel the same, I ask that you let them know how much you would like them to stay in our neighborhood.

As for my much missed Zipper... The last time I was in there to bid my adieus, the owners said they may (and I stress MAY) consider opening a pop-up store in our neighborhood, around the holidays. I couldn't have made my enthusiasm for such an idea more clear, so keep your fingers crossed.

Until next time... Miss Absinthe

No comments: