Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Golden Crossroads Adventure


AH SONIA RYKIEL...

So my love of gold shoes seems to have no satiation point. What can I say... it's a gilded sickness! But in my glamorous defense, may I state that most of my lovely lovelies are second-hand and these are no exception. As I was exploring Crossroads Trader the other day, well first I had a semi-star sighting and lovely conversation with Eddie Steeples who plays Crabman on My Name is Earl (see even tv stars like groovy second-hand threads). He says that they won't know if the show is being renewed until sometime next month, so keep your fingers crossed and the good karma flowing! BTW he's just as cute in person... and I think he may have been a good luck omen, because as I turned away from him and saw the shoe rack, there they were: beautiful, golden, FRENCH, and my size!!! (which is rare because I wear between a 5 1/2 and 6) and oh so affordable, $30. Should I mention how comfy they are too? Forgive me, I gush.

So away I made with my golden treasure... on to my next Second-Hand Adventure!

BTW, there's a song called, Who the Hell is Sonia Rykiel? It's on a cd by Malcolm McLaren called Paris. I highly recommend checking it out. Oddly enough I was in a thrift store in New Orleans (Magazine Street!) when I heard the cd for the first time and I've had it ever since.


Until next time... Miss Absinthe

No comments: