Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Tale of Two Bedrooms

My Room With A View
New view from the bed - pure heaven.

When a noisy douchebag moves into the building next door, one can either continue to get angrier and angrier by the day (which is what happened first) OR accept the situation for what it is (AFTER threatening them at 4am with HOLY FUCKING HELL) by switching the bedroom with the much-quieter office. A blessing in disguise, this much cozier space has beautiful afternoon light that filters through my neighbor's trees and better lends itself to naps, reading in bed and taking photographs. Wish now I had done this years ago... Merci Mr. Douchebag.

Minor Outlaw

When a douchebag developer makes your life a noisy and dirty affair for the last 18 months, with no end in imminent sight, one can either... WHATEVER!!! Having a well-known penchant for bringing home "found" treasure, I absolutely could not resist picking up this sign that was laying in the gutter at the end of my street. As I was carting my disobedience home (hey, I'm not the one who wrecked the thing in the first place), a woman who lives right next to the construction site, saw me and cheered. Felt good. Now it lives in the new office space and inspires the artistic outlaw I aspire to be...

Until next time... Miss Absinthe

2 comments:

Food, she thought. said...

When life gives lemons, and other innocuous platitudes. Huzzah.

Alanna said...

good for you! i would have done the same thing!