Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Tale of Two Artworks

After following a nonsensical trail of arrows in my neighborhood last Sunday,
like Alice in a maze... I happened upon a sweet little garage sale.

Artwork by C.A.

Only $10 for this original vintage (60's?) 12x12 mixed media (paper/watercolors/wood) beauty!

Dear Brenda

With a BONUS personal note from the artist to the former owner.

This is one of the reasons I love vintage/2nd hand treasure...
discovering mysterious pieces to another's life! What's the story?

Painting With Charlie

The tone of the lovely lady selling this painting and her willingness to unload it by
offering it for $5, gave me the impression that her ex painted this... in happier days.
Now the painting can be a source of happy again.

Charlie demanded to be in this pic and who am I to say no to such a stylish pooch?

Until next time... Miss Absinthe



No comments: