Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Grilled Cheese From Nowhere


Grilled Cheese From Nowhere
My dreams of living a life worthy of being a heroine in a Tom Robbins novel are coming true...

I recently decided to stop whining about my lousy backyard (cause I rent and my landlord doesn't care) and just do something about it, so last week I embarked on my great backyard beautification project by dislodging and removing a ton of impacted dirt (which yielded some great finds and pics are coming) and re-arranging the odd bits of semi-furniture (which I plan to sand and paint). It's already an improvement and so nice to have that stale energy gone (I'm very sensitive that way).

So there I am, minding my own business, doing some watering with the new eco-friendly hose I bought, facing south, looking around to see what I want to photograph and how, such as the vines on the back of my neighbor's garage that forms part of our yard...

Ivy Rapunzel

or how two bikes, that have been chained for years to my neighbor's window, are slowly becoming part of the scenery as the grasses and weeds grow and intertwine the wheels and frames, becoming a new organic sculpture...

Two Bikes and Mother Nature

I turn around, facing north... and there's a grilled cheese sandwich in the middle of the walkway, between my apt building and the apt building north of ours. That was NOT there 2 minutes prior... and I was quite dumbfounded at the discovery.

Then I remembered the Tom Robbins novel, Skinny Legs and All... where amongst a lot of other groovy, mystical, political, historical plotlines (can you tell he's my FAVORITE author), there's a group of "inanimate" objects (a sock, a beancan, a conch shell and a stick) trekking across America to get to the middle east to save the world.

I wonder where the sandwich is going...

Until next time... Miss Absinthe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! And your pictures are lovely.