Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hot Toes in the City

Purple Toes on Pavement
After years of azure being my summer toe color, a violet phase begins.

Not much happening these days... summers have that effect on me. Brain just... what's the word? My point exactly.

Too hot/bright for photo wandering (or any wandering), as I literally gave myself a hot ass last week when I sat down (on Formosa again) to take a pic of a dead bumblebee (yep I brought it home) on the sidewalk. Hopefully I'll get the 12-shot roll finished off by the end of this week.

Been removing more dirt from the backyard in the early evenings, that I'll replace with good soil, then plant sunflower seeds. I can't wait for the garden grotto to bloom, as it will also provide some privacy from the ugly condo next door.

There's a pair of birds, swallows I think, that are protecting a nest in the trees behind the apt. from anything that gets remotely close, namely Mr. Squirrel, with whom they have numerous and LOUD skirmishes that the birds always win. Who needs tv?

No acting work in the immediate future... so if Mr. De Mille is out there... I'm still ready for my close-up!

Had lovely air-conditioned lunch with friend Julia at Le Pain Quotidien last Saturday, followed by heavenly $25 hour-long reflexology foot massages at my latest pampering discovery, JB Natural Foot Massage on Robertson, just north of Olympic. The $25 is a special rate that lasts until August 10th, though I suspect the price won't jump too high after that, since they're surrounded by very inexpensive nail places that do massages for cheap. Though the focus of the massage is the feet, it starts (as feet are soaking in hot water tub) with temples/head/arms, then feet (and really not sure of details cause I was THAT relaxed), then you turn over as the chair converts into a massage bed (this was way cool) for neck/upper back. Yes, I call this a deal.
  • They take walk-ins, though there seems to be only 8 massage chairs, so you may want to call ahead.
  • They take credit cards, though they didn't include a place for tip, and I had no cash, so I felt like a heel (can't help a good pun), but I will find a way to make up for the karma and bring cash next time for tip.
  • They give you a punch value card, after 10 massages, you get 2 free!
Sweetie-pie wants to go with me next time, this weekend perhaps?

Stay cool until next time... Miss Absinthe


JB Natural Foot Massage
329 S. Robertson Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
310-657-3888

5 comments:

drollgirl said...

oh LORD how good does a foot massage sound right now?!?!? and that price is sure right!

Lauren said...

looove that polish color!

Tina Tarnoff said...

I want a foot massage! God, that sounded divine! I'm in my azure mode still, but I sure love your violet toes! I've been so behind on all of my favorite blogs lately, but will try to come back more often. I do miss it! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I was playing games online however for reading this post more interesting thanks for the share please do keep it going great job....Loveing this.

Cheers,
___________________
Vince
Best place for your complete Internet marketing

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, just leaving you a comment as I've so enjoyed looking around your site and reading your lovely posts. Great pictures too !

Thank so much for sharing them and I hope you have a fab weekend (well, the rest of it anyway...)!

Best wishes to you