Friday, July 3, 2009

Still Life with Beer and Litter

Still Life with Beer and Litter

My favorite taco in town is the fried shrimp taco from Best Fish Taco in Ensenada, which is actually on Hillhurst, just north of Sunset in Los Feliz. For $5 I get two tacos and fantastic fresh salsas, a can of diet coke, and the most charming owner Joseph or his lovely mother, at the register. Last week I took friend Amy for the first (not the last she says) time, and I implored Joseph (not exaggerating) to set up a shop somewhere within walking distance of my apt... there is an open space on W.3rd, across from Cedars!

On the way back to the car I saw this nearly-full beer and pinkish wrapper, keeping each other company on the curb in front of the auto repair shop next to BFTIE, sat down in the gutter and took the shot.

Until next time... Miss Absinthe

No comments: