Saturday, July 7, 2012

Brunch at Playa

Playa on Beverly is one of my favorite brunch habits.
I go at least once a month, but it's been more lately.
The food is bold and comforting, the service friendly and helpful,
and the prices are very reasonable. It's a great neighborhood spot.
Blue Corn Muffin
Organic blue cornmeal muffins w/ almond flavored butter.

Piquillos Rellenos
Piquillos Rellenos w gruyere, chorizo & golden raisins.

Flan de Elote
Flan de Elote - corn flan w black quinoa, cotija cheese & pepper garnish.
This is my absolute favorite, and every time I get it, I still make that OMG face.
It's the bees knees mes amis.

Side note - For some reason today, the kitchen was running extremely slow, so we were brought out some free muffins and they comped the flans. That's what a good neighborhood restaurant does, keeps its customers happy and coming back. GRACIAS!

Until next time... Miss Absinthe


1 comment:

drollgirl said...

omg i MUST try this place. that black quinoa is screaming out to me!!!!