Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My Favorite Pikake

Waikiki Pikake

Perfume is another layer to how you express yourself to the world, and there's nothing sensual about artificial or chemical-based, no matter WHO is selling it. For years I indulged in expensive "designer" perfumes, $100's spent on spritzing something that now gives me a headache just to whiff! Fortunately there are many good, nature-based cosmetic/perfume companies out there, and one of my favorites is Pacifica. I've been buying their scents for years, after falling in love with their Tahitian Gardenia. 
For only $22 I get a delicious aurora of aroma that gets me compliments every time I wear it (every time), and no allergies or headaches or harm to the environment.
What's not to love?

My current summer favorite is Waikiki Pikake. According to their website: In Hawaiian, pikake means both peacock and jasmine. The pikake flower was named by Hawaii's beloved Princess Kaiulani, who adorned herself in necklaces of the sweetly scented white flowers and compared its exotic beauty to the peacocks that roamed her garden. 
Two of my absolute favorite things are peacocks (my totem animal) and jasmine and here they are, one and the same in an amazing clean floral perfume. 
It's like it was made just for me.  


Until next time... Miss Absinthe

No comments: